Creating innovation Playground
When clouds do not rain: getting ready for the drought of innovations or a flood of creativity
Information is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, then how are we missing the connections between wisdom that helps in deciding which ideas to choose and which not for taking these forward, even one’s own ideas
• Managing ideas requires dealing with serendipity, surprise and spontaneity
• What are the incentives for people to share their insights and not just knowledge or information?
• Can there be a quote of confessions acting as a springboard for creativity.
Unless I admit that I have goofed, I will not be tolerant of others doing the same.
Like charity, confessions begin from home
The quota of errors increases the entitlement for insights
When ideas become sticky, the rivers become lake, in no time they may even become a cesspool
• Innovation is imperative, not only for survivor, but also for rejuvenation; if every mutant becomes cancerous cell a body wouldn’t survive. But if none of the cell becomes cancerous then even the weakest will survive.
• Future belongs to survivors and not all survivors can shape the future
• Leaders are those who open new furrows; the followers deepen the existing ones
• A cancerous cell as Jacob Manod said, it does, what it should , that is divide. The problem is the normal cell. Why does it stop dividing?
• Our problem is the normal company and the normal CIO who is too stable but very unhappy
• When times are tight systems maintenance suffers but the space for innovation expands
• The theory of pragmatism evolved in the aftermath of long depression and the new deal
• Creating public goods is like using a spanner that can open various nuts and the bolts of variety of products and services. Else, we have to design individual spanners for every machine. In manufacturing people understand the role of standards, in services we are yet to realize fully the significance of standards
• Innovations will not come about, if we cling our tools too closely because we have mastered them
• Many famous companies have disappeared primarily because of their extreme success in the past and their unwillingness or inability for constant rejuvenation. The cells of our skin replace every moment, you feel it when you bite your nails. When have we cut the organizational nails??
• The responsible capitalism spawns more collaboration and less competition, but collaboration requires courage, faith, trust, ability to learn and share
• Indian model of frugal innovation, is not about cutting corners, finding makeshift solutions, getting around the problem and living for just the day
• It is about durability, affordability, sustainability, accessibility, availability and circularity
• Why did Tesla open all its patents: How else will a huge infrastructure of charging stations for electrical cars come up, if there aren’t many providers and many users?
• Which Indian company has made a highway for various people to drive on, we don’t even make footpaths, each one of us, unto one’s own