SRISTI celebrates the creativity and innovation of young technological students by recognising their outstanding projects with Gandhian Young Technological Innovation (GYTI) Awards. These awards are given every year during the Festival of Innovation (FOIN) at Rashtrapati Bhawan in the month of March. Next year, these awards are due tentatively on March 5, 2017 at FOIN. It is hoped that such recognition will enthuse young innovators to pursue even more outstanding research addressing unmet social needs and set up entrepreneurial ventures in consonance with Start-Up movement gaining strength currently in India.
The categories of the GYTI awards are:
Gandhian Young Technological Innovation Awards, 2017
(Last Date of Submission:November 30, 2016)
▪ MLM (More from less for many), Frugal Innovation award- ideas that
economise on the use of material, extremely affordable and sustainable
▪ SRISTI Socially Relevant Technological Innovation award-ideas that address unmet social needs or improve the functioning of existing solution, increase affordability and/or improve circularity i.e. ecologcial compatability
▪ Technological-edge award-ideas that push the frontiers in any technolgical domain
▪ BIRAC-SRISTI award for biotechnological/medical/healthcare innovation
▪ Hari Om Ashram Prerit Dr. Amulya K.N. Reddy GYTI Award
Financial support is also given to some of the awardees as per following windows of opportunity:
BIRAC-SRISTI GYTI Awards – Rs 15, 00,000 grants will be given for further research / prototype development work to each 15.